Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 2

Well, Day 2 was a little better than the first day. I guess the doctor must of got Brett's message about being a little nicer. We only had a "short visit" that day and it was first thing in the morning...maybe that had something to do with it. Either way his behavior on day 1 was not justified, in my opinion!

For day 2 they just changed the Laminaria, which was the stuff they used to help dialate my cervix It sort of looks like a little stick and somehow expands. One piece expands to about the size of your pinky finger, in case you wanted to know. Anyways on day 1 they only put 1 piece of Laminaria in my cervix. On day 2 they put like 4-5. As you can imagine, I was in quite a bit of pain for the rest of the day. I had really bad abdominal cramps and lower back pain, which they said could be some back labor. I decided to spend the remainder of the day at the hotel, lying down. I am blessed with an amazing man though, so he went and got me a heating pad. That helped tremendously, even though I had to keep it on my back constantly. The cramping and back pain seemed unbearable at times and all they gave me for pain was ES Tylenol and Ibuprofen. And the Ibuprofen was just the regular over the counter 200mg strength. For the money we paid you would have thought they might at least give us the 800mg ones, but no such luck!

Overall the Laminaria placement on day 2 was "ok". It was still very uncomfortable but the doctor was nicer to me. He gave me some shots of a local anesthetic around the area of my cervix before placing all that Laminaria in there though, so that was probably helpful too. Once the anesthetic wore off though, I was hurting!!

We also filled out the cremation paperwork today. That was really tough. As I wrote down Raelyn's name above "name of deceased" it still seemed so unreal. As I came to the bottom it asked for my signature and my relationhip to the "deceased". A tear rolled down my cheek as I signed my name and put "mother" beside it.

No comments:

Post a Comment