Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March for Babies

Well today I started spreading the word for March of Babies. I'm pretty excited since we will be walking for our sweet baby girl, Raelyn. It makes me feel so good to know that we are walking in her honor and also trying to raise money to help other families out. You can find information on my facebook about either walking with us or donating to the cause. We are going to be ordering "Team Raelyn" shirts also for anyone who is interested. It makes me feel so good to help spread awareness and to just know that the money our team donates can go to a family in need...or to help a suffering baby. I just want to thank each and every one of you who have either donated by walking, contributing money or just showed support by purchasing t-shirts. It means more to Brett and I than you know! God Bless you all!!

http://www.marchforbabies.org/team/t1527430

We also received a phone call today from the doctor's office in Colorado saying Raelyn's remains were back. I am looking forward to officially laying her to rest. I have decided to give her my plot, next to my momma. I can still be buried there, but I would have to be creamated also. In the past I did not want to be creamated. There isn't really a particular reason for this, just didn't want to. It's amazing how your child can make you make sacrafices you never thought you would make. I feel honored to make this sacrafice though. There is a little girl buried right in front of my mom also. Her name is Kelsy. I'm not really sure what happened to her but she passed away several years ago as an infant also. Her and Raelyn can be friends. We are not planning an actual funeral service, but anyone is welcomed to attend the grave side service that wants to. We haven't set a date for this to take place just yet though.

1 comment:

  1. I'm your newest follower. I saw your story on the faces of loss website and my heart goes out to you and your family. Thinking of you and praying for you...I hope God sends you lots of peace and strength.

    ReplyDelete